Meet the super dogs, hero rats and cyborg bees keeping our environment safe.
Come on an action-packed adventure with an amazing mob of animal eco-warriors as they use their special talents to help solve our planet’s environmental problems!
From the nosy noses of biosecurity beagles at airports to rats learning to sniff out landmines in war-torn landscapes, animals are using their unique abilities to help make the world a better and safer place. With fantastic colour photos of animal eco-warriors at work, this book is full of fun facts on how animals are helping humanity work towards a more sustainable future. There are also plenty of tips on how you can make a difference to the planet. Join the animal eco-warrior team today!
This book is ideal for teachers and librarians looking for locally relevant, teachable materials addressing environment and sustainability issues, as well as for children with an interest in animals and science. The language in the book is aimed at readers 9 and older.
Looking for some teaching aids?
Check out the Teacher Notes for Animal Eco-Warriors here!
“Magnificent: fascinating and with deep accuracy and originality rarely found in non-fiction for young people…This will be irresistible for anyone who loves animals or the intricate interrelations between humans and the natural world.”
– Jackie French
Author, Historian, Ecologist & Honorary Wombat
Read what other people are saying about Animal Eco-Warriors!
- Tim Low, a writer and naturalist who’s inspired my work since I was at Uni, wrote a great review over at the Invasive Species Council website.
- Over at the CBCA (Children’s Book Council of Australia), John Nolan had this to say.
- Wild Melbourne, who do some pretty cool things, wrote this review
- At Educate.Empower blog, there’s not only a nice review of Animal Eco-Warriors, but also a wealth of information and inspiration on environmental education resources.
- Dr Sarah-Jane O’Connor wrote this review at Sciblogs, which incidentally, is a good place to find reviews of all manner of new science books.